Monday, November 30, 2009

Art and Cultural Exchange



In my first year as Art Teacher, I wrote and won a grant for an Art and Cultural Exchange with a school in Tanzania. My Tanzanian friend Frank, whom I mentored when I lived in Dar es Salaam and whom I kept in touch with, said he would help and be the contact in Africa. It has been a long time coming to fruition, but here is some of what we recently got back from the school in Tanzania. We will soon be putting together an exhibition of both schools work. This is a very small sampling of what was sent to us.







Kalista Luhanta - Grade Five



Watering in the Garden


Washing the Dishes



Little Brother


At Home



Selling Food from Stands



Playing with Friends



Fetching Water from the Well



Food Stand



Little Sister



Eating with family






More Artwork







Frank trying to figure out the camera


Irene John - Grade Five 


Getting the Cameras


Taking pictures in the school yard


Watering the Garden



Writing in Class


Elizabeth Adam - Grade Four






Young Mother making Maandazi (East African donuts)



Walking in the Garden



Standing in front of a map of Tanzania






No comments:

Post a Comment